Guidelines for Planning Your Booth, 5.15.02
Helpful Guidelines to Follow When Planning
1. If you are going to have a display constructed
by a display vendor, plan to have your display
design finalized and your booth display ordered
by September 1, 2002 to reduce the odds that
your booth will be impacted by vendor backlog.
2. Adequately staff your booth. Too many resources
are preferable to too few. To be most effective,
your booth must be staffed by at least two people
at all times the exhibit floor is open. It is
also unwise to schedule a single person for
more than four consecutive hours of on
duty time on the floor.
3. Hotel rooms should be reserved early. Theres
nothing worse than working until 3 am to debug
a problem and then realizing that your hotel
is a long cab drive away and the shuttles have
long since stopped running.
4. Identify one individual as the Booth
General and empower this person to make
on-the-floor decisions in the event of significant
problems or a crisis
5. Designate someone each day who can be available
to run errands as needed. That individual should
have access to an automobile.
6. Bring a good quality color desktop printer
7. Bring a camera and plan to take pictures
of all phases of your booth including construction,
presentation, and breakdown, in order to create
a high quality photographic record of your SC2002
Research Exhibit experience. SC2002 is investigating
the option of having a professional photographer
available for those who would prefer to outsource
this task. The professional photography option
would be fee based.
8. Test your applications frequently during
setup and reconfirm the operational status of
all equipment and applications as of Sunday,
November 17, 2002.
9. Bring CD based backup copies of all software/data
and original copies of distribution media.
10. The success of your display is dependent
upon three critical steps, each involving a
lot of hard work:
the pre-show preparations,
b. setup of the display prior to the show,
c. the running of the display during SC2002
during open hours.
of these phases requires the involvement of
more than one person. Devote the proper attention
to each of these phases, and you will return
home with a tremendous sense of accomplishment.